August 11, 1977 – CBS World News Roundup – Gordon Skene Sound Collection – August 11, 1977 – it was a jubilant Mayor Abraham Beame of New York who was very pleased to announce that “the people of the City of New York can rest easy this morning, because of...
Search for anything.
Pick a day. Any day.
What you might have missed.
- August 16, 1969 – A Big Rock Festival In The Little Helpless Town Of Behtel – Woodstock
- Brian Auger And The Trinity With Julie Driscoll – Live In Paris – 1968 – Past Daily Soundbooth
- August 15, 1945 – VJ Day Keeps Going And Going And Going . . . .
- Patto In Concert – 1973 – Past Daily Soundbooth
- August 14, 1951 – President Truman: “Their Attacks Upon Our Liberties Go Almost Unchallenged” – Hate In America; 1950s
Get Past Daily updates via E-mail
Support Past Daily
Gordon Skene, two-time Grammy Nominee and archivist runs The Gordon Skene Sound Archive and this website, which is dedicated to preserving and encouraging an interest in history and historic news, events, and cultural aspects of our society. Past Daily is the only place on the Internet where you can hear a Nixon speech, listen to an interview with John Cassavettes or play a broadcast of Charles Munch rehearsing the Boston Symphony in 1950, all in the same place. It's living history and it's timeless.
Donations through Fractured Atlas help keep this project alive.Donate now!
. Amazon Link