What’s Happening To America: Education – Aug. 16, 1968 – Gordon Skene Sound Collection – The American classroom. In the 1960s it was a place of growing discontent. The school was ground zero for protest; about the war, about racial inequality, about the quality of education, about the growing gap...
Search for anything.
Pick a day. Any day.
What you might have missed.
- Watergate And The Art Of The Stonewall – Week Of May 25, 1974
- May 26, 1978 – One-Arm Bandits In Atlantic City – First Casino To Open East Of Las Vegas.
- Temples In Concert From Lausanne, Switzerland – 2017 – Past Daily Soundbooth
- May 25, 1942 – News From The Front – The World At War
- Kiri Te Kanawa With Georg Solti And The Chicago Symphony In Music Of Duparc And Mahler – 1983 – Past Daily Mid-Week Concert
Get Past Daily updates via E-mail
Support Past Daily
Gordon Skene, two-time Grammy Nominee and archivist runs The Gordon Skene Sound Archive and this website, which is dedicated to preserving and encouraging an interest in history and historic news, events, and cultural aspects of our society. Past Daily is the only place on the Internet where you can hear a Nixon speech, listen to an interview with John Cassavettes or play a broadcast of Charles Munch rehearsing the Boston Symphony in 1950, all in the same place. It's living history and it's timeless.
Donations through Fractured Atlas help keep this project alive.Donate now!
. Amazon Link