The Yardbirds In Session -1967-1968 – Nights At The Roundtable
Click on the link here for Audio Player: Yardbirds – BBC Sessions
One of the favorites tonight. The Yardbirds with a group of sessions they recorded between 1967 and 1968. By the middle of 1968 the band had pretty much ceased to exist, with a steady defection of founding members off to other groups, or other careers. By the end of 1968 however, The Yardbirds morphed into Led Zeppelin, with Keith Relf replaced by Robert Plant, Jim McCarty replaced by John Bonham and Chris Dreja replaced by John Paul Jones. Jimmy Page continued on as Jimmy Page.
But that’s another chapter.
This one, excerpts from the last two sessions recorded at The BBC, are on the player as follows:
2. Little Games
3. Goodnight Sweet Josephine
The first two tracks are from their 1967 session and the last track is from the last session in 1968.
Kind of sad, considering their history. But maybe not so, realizing what happened next.
Even so, The Yardbirds were a great and influential band and their place in Rock history is undeniable.
- Keith Relf- the voice of the Yardbirds (current.com)
- ‘Yardbirds: Making Tracks’ Will, Indeed, Have You Making Tracks (Review) (popmatters.com)
- Eric Clapton Yardbirds Signatures Autographs on Pink Paper 1965 (ephemera.typepad.com)
- THE YARDBIRDS – Making Tracks 2DVD Tour Set Available December 11th; A Celebration Of The Band’s Approaching 50th Anniversary In 2013 (bravewords.com)
- Music from the UK – The Yardbirds (xworldmusic.wordpress.com)