The Cure At Glastonbury – 1990 – Nights At The Roundtable: Festival Edition
Click on the link here for Audio Player: The Cure live at Glastonbury 1990
As you probably know by now, Glastonbury 2013 got started on Friday. It promises to be one of the big must-see festivals this year. Like previous years, Glastonbury promises a wide swath of genres with over 500 bands on 53 stages over the three day festival.
Most all of it is being carried live via BBC Radio 1, BBC 6 Music and the BBC Glastonbury website. According to the BBC, there wil be some 250 hours of live music being covered by radio as well as TV. Needless to say, it’s a an overload of talent and another indication the Festival format will be with us well into the future because frankly, where else do you get to hear so many different kinds of music in one place?
So as a reminder of previous Glasto highs, here’s a set by The Cure, as they performed in 1990.
Stay tuned – hopefully I can get some concerts from this year up this weekend.
In the meantime, enjoy.
- BBC pledges to deliver ‘first truly digital’ Glastonbury coverage (guardian.co.uk)
- Keith Richards Feels Apprehensive About Glastonbury Weather (contactmusic.com)
- Karen Price: My perfect way to experience Glastonbury – without leaving my sofa (walesonline.co.uk)
- Arctic Monkeys: We understand Glastonbury now (breakingnews.ie)
- Arctic Monkeys have learned from Glastonbury past (contactmusic.com)
- Couldn’t get tickets to Glastonbury? Here’s why that’s not such a bad thing (thesun.co.uk)
- BBC unveils ‘digital’ Glastonbury (bbc.co.uk)