Click on the link here for Audio Player – Orchestre National de Radio France, Conducted by Gustavo Dudamel – April 13, 2012 – RFI France Musique – Part 1
Click on the link here for Audio Player – Orchestre National de Radio France, Conducted by Gustavo Dudamel – April 13, 2012 – RFI France Musique – Part 2
Over to Paris this week for a concert (recorded last year) by Orchestre National de Radio France, guest conducted by none other than Gustavo Dudamel. This was the first tof two concerts covering the complete Brahms Symphony cycle. And this week’s concert is the first one, from April 13, 2012, featuring Brahms Symphony Number 3 and Symphony Number 1 (in that order).
Needless to say, the audience is thrilled and Dudamel turns in his customary revelatory performance. I don’t think there’s a superlative that hasn’t been used to describe him yet, and suffice to say the orchestra gives him their all. Even the engineers turn in a great performance – not that they usually don’t. The concerts from Radio France Musique are some of the best sounding in the world – hands down.
So it’s a good time all around.
The concert is broken up between two players because some people prefer hearing their symphonies one at a time (I can’t blame you).
So here goes:
Top Player – Brahms: Symphony Number 3
Bottom Player – Brahms: Symphony Number 1
Announcements are in French, and I swear I heard the announcer take a breath . . .once.
- Listen up: The sound of Gustavo Dudamel’s first film score (artsjournal.com)
- Toronto: First Clip of Simon Bolivar Biopic ‘Libertador’ (Exclusive Video) (everythingaboutedgarramirez.wordpress.com)
- Los Angeles Philharmonic Association & LA Phil musicians sign new 4-year contract (allisyar.com)
- Walt Disney Concert Hall Hosts FREE Show (thescenestar.typepad.com)
- Los Angeles Philharmonic opening gala program revealed (classicallife.net)
- Postcard from London: Discover Dudamel (brianlauritzen.com)