Click on the link here for Audio Player – Marilyn Monroe: Fame Is Fickle – NBC Radio Tribute – August 6, 1962 – Gordon Skene Sound Collection Hard to imagine it was fifty-seven years ago today the world lost Marilyn Monroe. Within hours of finding her body, dead from an...
Search for anything.
Pick a day. Any day.
Support Past Daily
Gordon Skene, two-time Grammy Nominee and archivist runs The Gordon Skene Sound Archive and this website, which is dedicated to preserving and encouraging an interest in history and historic news, events, and cultural aspects of our society. Past Daily is the only place on the Internet where you can hear a Nixon speech, listen to an interview with John Cassavettes or play a broadcast of Charles Munch rehearsing the Boston Symphony in 1950, all in the same place. It's living history and it's timeless.
Donations through Fractured Atlas help keep this project alive.Donate now!
What you might have missed.
- August 19, 1970 – Suez Treaty Violation Allegations – Vietnam War And Drugs – What To Do About Cyclamates.
- Maurice Miles And The New London String Ensemble Play Music Of John Humphries – 1945 – Past Daily Weekend Gramophone
- L.A. Nightlife – 1937 – Singing Waiters And Everything – Past Daily Archeology
- Jimmie Lunceford, Joe Liggins, Effie Smith – Jubilee -1945 – Past Daily Downbeat
- It’s 1977 – You’re A Teenager – You Live In L.A. – Music Is Starting To Confuse You – You Are Not Alone.