Something special and rather rare. A concert, recorded by Bavarian Radio in Munich on January 19, 1950, featuring the Coleman Hawkins All-Stars featuring James Moody, Kenny Clarke, Nat Peck and Pierre Michelot. Truly an all-star lineup. A little over an hour, it’s almost non-stop and the sound is unbelievable for...
Search for anything.
Pick a day. Any day.
Support Past Daily
Gordon Skene, two-time Grammy Nominee and archivist runs The Gordon Skene Sound Archive and this website, which is dedicated to preserving and encouraging an interest in history and historic news, events, and cultural aspects of our society. Past Daily is the only place on the Internet where you can hear a Nixon speech, listen to an interview with John Cassavettes or play a broadcast of Charles Munch rehearsing the Boston Symphony in 1950, all in the same place. It's living history and it's timeless.
Donations through Fractured Atlas help keep this project alive.Donate now!
What you might have missed.
- Tinariwen – Live At Les Inrocks 2016 – Past Daily Soundbooth
- August 9, 1975 – A Year Before – A Year After – The Gerald Ford Era.
- Tears For Fears – In Concert From Cleveland – 1990 – Past Daily Soundbooth
- August 8, 1993 – Ambush In Mogadishu – A Game Of Inches – Marveling At Unity In The Face Of Disaster – Going Postal.
- Guillermo Pastrana With Javier Riba, Manuel Hernandez-Silva And Orquesta de Córdoba In Concert – 2010 – Past Daily Mid-Week Concert